Welcome to Exercise Day of Your Dreams!
The Exercise Day of Your Dreams is a day when everyone is welcome to organise their own exercise events: from open trainings to tournaments, from gym open days to dodgeball, culture walks and bike rides - or even to inviting grandads, grannies and grankids to get active! Allways to exercise are good!
The Exercise Day of Your Dreams is open to all – get involved!
Remember to tell everyone about your event
Take an advantage of marketing materials of the Day. You will find logos and the poster here.
Share your registered event also on social media. You can use the hashtag #unelmienliikuntapäivä or #ExerciseDayOfYourDreams. Tell your friends and others you want to invite. Remind them closer to the event.
Follow the Exercise Day of Your Dreams on Facebook (Unelmien Liikuntapäivä) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/liikuntapaiva) and read the latest news about the event.
Enjoy the day!
To organise an event
The idea of the Exercise Day of Your Dreams is to offer people a low-threshold chance to move and have fun. When you organise an event, think about what would excite people to participate: open doors, shared fitness training, a staff fun-day trip, shared breaktime exercise in the yard, coffee room or in the great outdoors, fun ballgames in the yard, a walking meeting, a forest adventure, a shared nature walk nearby – the sky is the limit for your ideas!
As an event organiser on the Exercise Day of Your Dreams, you are responsible for everything related to the event and for the event’s success. Read below:
Permits and registration:
• Small events which only have a few participants and do not, because of the nature of the event or the venue, require any measures to maintain order and safety, or special traffic arrangements, do not need to be registered.
• You need a permit when you organise an event in a public place, when anybody can participate in it or when you sell tickets for it. The number of permits needed to organise an event depends on the nature and size of the event. For most events, the permission of the event venue owner, such as the municipality, is required, and notification must be made to the police of a public event. In the case of big events, we recommend contacting the rescue authorities at the planning stage of the event. Submit a rescue and safety plan to a rescue station for their information at least 14 days before the event, and to the police at least 5 days before the event.
• Getting permits and making notifications is the responsibility of the event organiser.
• If you are unsure about submitting a notification, check with the police permit unit.
• Even if the event organiser has liability insurance, every participant exercises at his/her own risk and is responsible for his/her own safety. Tell people that everyone will make this happy event happen together, and that everyone exercises on his/her own risk.
What is the history of the Exercise Day of Your Dreams?
The Exercise Day of Your Dreams was first organised in 2016 as an exercise pop-up day driven primarily by the One Life (Yksi elämä) health initiative and the Exerciser’s Path (Liikkujan polku) network, coordinated by the Olympic Committee. The following year the Olympic Committee coordinated the Exercise Day of Your Dreams as part of the Exercise Year of your Dreams 2017, part of the Finland 100 jubilee year programme. The special theme of the year 2018 was nature and this was supported together with Metsähallitus.
The Exercise Day of Your Dreams is organised annually. The aim is to get organisations and individuals excited about thinking about their exercise dreams and trying various ways of exercising. We also want to get them excited about organising exercise in an easy way in nursey schools, schools, at workplaces, with the family, or with people who have the same hobby. The background to the event is the WHO’s Move for Health day and the event is being promoted by Finnish health, exercise and sport organisations.